lee loadmaster shell plate?

Reloading info for the 5.7x28mm

Moderator: Grantness

Post Reply
NOODLE
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Sep 2012, 17:57

lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by NOODLE » 20 Jan 2013, 21:06

What lee load master shell plate is compatible with the five seven ammo?


Thank you in advance! :D

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12126
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by Rapier1772 » 20 Jan 2013, 21:33

Tactical search to the rescue! :p :laugh:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6594" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hobknob wrote:As LK45 noted Lee does make a dedicated 5.7 shellplate for the LoadMaster. They originally said that they modified the #15 shellplate to fit both the .25acp and the 5.7x28 but that turned out to be false after I ordered the #15 and it didn't fit. They then swapped it out for the correct shellplate which is actually labeled "5.7" rather than their typical numbered plates.
That was posted a few years ago (Jan 12, 2010) & I just went to Lee's website, there is no 5.7 shellplate listed for the loadmaster.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

DrD562
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 11:40

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by DrD562 » 24 Jan 2013, 20:05

I also have a loadmaster and want to reload 5.7x28 in it. There is no shellplate for 5.7, but supposedly it will fit in the 25 acp which is #15. Problem is, I can't find the at shell plate anywhere.
Last edited by DrD562 on 24 Jan 2013, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12126
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by Rapier1772 » 24 Jan 2013, 20:43

Please read the previous post - that shellplate was tried & it didn't work.

Yes, that was a couple of years ago and you may also be able to modify it to work BUT, do not buy the #15 shellplate for the 5.7 & expect it to be perfect right out of the box/bag. It may take some work.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

DrD562
Junior Member
Posts: 7
Joined: 31 Dec 2012, 11:40

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by DrD562 » 27 Jan 2013, 19:18

Rapier1772 wrote:Please read the previous post - that shellplate was tried & it didn't work.

Yes, that was a couple of years ago and you may also be able to modify it to work BUT, do not buy the #15 shellplate for the 5.7 & expect it to be perfect right out of the box/bag. It may take some work.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Do you know if it's considered a custom shellplate or not?

User avatar
Rapier1772
Global Moderator
Posts: 12126
Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 09:00
Location: American Falls, ID

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by Rapier1772 » 27 Jan 2013, 21:52

I think emailing or calling the company would be your best source for information on that.
Contrary to popular belief, you CAN fix stupid - it's just illegal.
Tactical Search Instructions & tips: http://www.fivesevenforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12045

User avatar
Hobknob
Gold Member
Posts: 528
Joined: 26 Oct 2008, 06:25

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by Hobknob » 27 Jan 2013, 23:23

DrD562 wrote:
Rapier1772 wrote:Please read the previous post - that shellplate was tried & it didn't work.

Yes, that was a couple of years ago and you may also be able to modify it to work BUT, do not buy the #15 shellplate for the 5.7 & expect it to be perfect right out of the box/bag. It may take some work.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Do you know if it's considered a custom shellplate or not?
It wasn't a custom one when I ordered it (at least they didn't say it was). It was already sitting on a shelf somewhere and they just swapped out my #15 shell plate for one labeled 5.7

Looks like this:

Image
-- Thank you for calling 911 emergency services, please hold --
~~ \|/ ~~

Rick G
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 Mar 2015, 17:27
Location: New Oxford / Gettysburg PA

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by Rick G » 10 Mar 2015, 17:33

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see who was still interested in a shell plate for the Lee Loadmaster? I called Lee and they made 10 5.7 shellplates a few years ago and it took them too long to get rid of them so they are not making anymore. I can get them custom made by Lee but in order to get the custom setup fee waived I have to order quit a few of them. If there is enough interest I can get them made, but need to make sure that I can sell them so I do not have too many laying around. Let me know.

BattBoy
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 20 Jun 2013, 13:59
custom title: Ranger Danger
Location: Cary, NC

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by BattBoy » 15 Sep 2015, 05:32

I am most definitely interested in a 5.7x28mm shellplate for the loadmaster. Been searching for one for years. Please PM me if you ever go forward with that custom order.

Chuibacca
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Nov 2015, 07:43

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by Chuibacca » 23 Nov 2015, 07:46

Rick G wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see who was still interested in a shell plate for the Lee Loadmaster? I called Lee and they made 10 5.7 shellplates a few years ago and it took them too long to get rid of them so they are not making anymore. I can get them custom made by Lee but in order to get the custom setup fee waived I have to order quit a few of them. If there is enough interest I can get them made, but need to make sure that I can sell them so I do not have too many laying around. Let me know.
How many needed to be ordered, in order to waive the setup fee?

I'm interested in placing an order...

mushimu
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: 24 Nov 2015, 14:29

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by mushimu » 24 Nov 2015, 14:31

I am also interested in ordering a shell plate for the Lee Loadmaster.

BattBoy
Junior Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 20 Jun 2013, 13:59
custom title: Ranger Danger
Location: Cary, NC

Re: lee loadmaster shell plate?

Post by BattBoy » 11 Apr 2017, 11:13

Hopefully this info helps some of you out. If you want a Lee Loadmaster shellplate for 5.7x28mm then go to the Lee website and search for "80119".
http://leeprecision.com/

That is the proper 15S shellplate and it works great. It runs $30 + s/h. It appears to be a "custom" plate meaning they do not try to keep them in stock and I have heard they do not expect to make more until they get an order for 1000 of them. But that is just a rumor from a friend. I bought one a couple months ago and was told they only had 5 left in stock. But nobody seems to know how to find them so perhaps they still have some left on the shelf. Happy hunting!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs and 1 guest